Do you want to get to know a girl better but tired of the same old small talk questions?
Or maybe you want to approach a girl but you don’t know where to start?
“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” Voltaire
Sometimes, figuring out the best questions to ask a girl you like can get pretty frustrating. The fear of getting embarrassed if you ask the wrong question is enough to dampen your courage.
Not striking a conversation with the girl you like is one of the reasons why most of the love stories just never start.
But if you know the right questions to ask a girl, you will instantly become more interesting to her.
Most of the time, girls like it when you are fun to talk to. So, why not make her talk and laugh more by asking a funny and interesting question?
Although the questions to ask a girl can be of a variety of types, the key is to be respectful and not too aggressive.
So, ditch the boring questions and small talk with this extensive list of questions to ask a girl:
Questions to ask a girl: Getting to know her questions
It is always difficult to start a conversation especially if it involves someone that you like.
But it should not always be hard. Do not miss the chance of talking to her if you can feel the magic of love in the air.
So, you can start off by asking her questions about what she likes to do, what she wants to do, and transition to what she wants for her future.
You won’t know if you are on the same page if you won’t talk to her. These questions will help you get to know each other:
- What are the qualities that you are looking for in a man?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Do you think that you would be happiest living in a city or on a farm?
- Do you pay attention to politics or do you tend to stay away from that?
- What was/is your favorite subject in school?
- Do you believe that the saying “nice guys finish last” has any truth to it?
- What is your favorite type of music?
- What is your dream car?
- Do you care more about making money or pursuing happiness?
- What is your favorite color?
- What’s your philosophy in life? 12
- If there’s one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?
- Would you consider yourself spiritual or religious?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- What was your best phase in life?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
- What is a relationship deal breaker for you?
- Do you care more about looks or brains?
- If you’re in a bad mood, do you want someone to cheer you up or do you prefer to be left alone?
- What’s the perfect weekend to you?
Funny questions to ask a girl
Humor always goes a long way. Women like it when the man has a sense of humor because it lifts up their mood and keeps them cheerful. Who would want a downer anyway?
So, if you think you’re funny then this can be a good chance to get your girl. Make her realize that you can always make her smile and chuckle.
Here are some funny questions to ask a girl to make her laugh:
- What is the funniest name you have actually heard?
- If you were a man for a day, what would you do?
- What’s the weirdest crush you’ve ever had?
- Do you think bald is sexy?
- How long would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
- On a scale from 1 to Chris Hemsworth, how attractive do you think I am?
- How many chucks could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck begged you to go on a date with me?
- Is that just your typical beautiful smile on your face or are you just happy to see me?
- I swear that you have that Benjamin Button disease where you start out old and only get younger as you age because otherwise how could it be possible that every time I see you look better than the time before?
- If you could have anything you wanted in the whole wide world, why would you specifically choose me?
- Would you be more or less likely to talk to me more if I got a man bun and a bicep tattoo of a bicycle with flowers around it?
- If you were a vegetable, what would you be and why?
- If could have one superpower, what would it be?
- Would you do if we were in zero gravity?
- What would your dream bathroom look like?
- What’s the weirdest conversation you’ve ever overheard?
- What is something you just can’t believe some people actually enjoy?
- What’s the worst you’ve seen someone screw up on social media?
- What’s the strangest gift you’ve ever received?
- Who do you think is the hottest celebrity?
Personal questions to ask a girl
It is not enough to have a small talk all the time. If you want to know a person better, it is important to know them inside and out.
One way is to ask them personal questions but you have to wait for the perfect timing. It is much better if you have already established trust with the girl you like before asking these following questions:
- What was one of the happiest moments of your childhood?
- What was the worst date that you’ve ever been on?
- How would your perfect partner treat you?
- What is the strangest habit you have?
- What is that one thing that you love to do? Why?
- What was one of the happiest moments of your childhood?
- How would your perfect partner treat you?
- What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?
- What are your secret skills?
- What’s the main reason you get out of bed every day?
- Do you say yes or no more often in life?
- What would you tell your youngest self if you could go back in time?
- What sparks your light and gets you motivated?
- What’s the best thing about older?
- What’s your biggest regret?
- What are some thing you wish you could unlearn?
- Who couldn’t you live without?
- What’s your number one goal right now?
- What do you enjoy doing most?
- Do you believe in destiny? Or do people have more control over their own lives?
Romantic questions to ask a girl
When two people connect, it is a beautiful thing to watch. When one-of-a-kind connection is felt, two people will share what they are and what they have. That is called romance.
So, here is a list of love questions to ask a girl:
- What is the most romantic trip you dream of going on?
- Which song comes to your mind and heart, while you think of me?
- What is the best thing you like about me?
- What is the best true love story you have ever heard?
- When did you first fall in love with me?
- What nickname/pet name you would call me lovingly by?
- Is there such a thing as being too much in love?
- What is your idea of the perfect romantic gift?
- Which trait of mine first drew you to me? What is your favorite trait of mine now?
- If you saw me out somewhere with another woman, would you think she was a relative, an old friend, or a girl I’m seeing on the side?
- What did you think about me when you first saw me?
- Can you share something from you life that you’ve never shared with anyone else?
- What were you feelings when we had our first kiss?
- What is the one thing about our relationship that makes you most happy?
- Do you prefer a good conversation or good sex?
- Do you think you’ll ever want to settle down and have kids?
- Do you prefer a good hug or a good kiss?
- What’s your perfect date?
- What’s the most romantic movie you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the best thing about being in a relationship?
Deep questions to ask a girl
When you have established a connection with the girl of your dreams, it is important to match her thoughtfulness. You should be at the same wavelength to know about her perspectives in life.
But sometimes, we hesitate to start a conversation like that because it may be uneasy for you. So, we have come up with a list of deep question to ask a girl:
- What or who would you sacrifice your life for?
- What is the first thing that attracts you to someone?
- What single event has had the biggest impact on who you are?
- Have you dated multiple people at once?
- What lies do you most often tell yourself?
- If money was not an issue, describe your ideal date.
- What are the most common roadblocks that stop people from achieving their dreams
- Have you ever been on a blind date?
- What keeps you up at night?
- How important do you find physical attraction?
- What do you wish people didn’t know about you?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What is the most important thing on your bucket list?
- What is the best advice your parents ever gave to you? If you won the lotto, what would be the first thing you would do?
- What is the best advice you ever got from someone in your life?
- Who did you look up to as a kid?
- If you could be one person, who would it be and why?
- What was the best book you ever read?
- Where would you live of money or work were not factors?
- What three words best describe you?
- How do you want to be remembered?
Those are some questions you can ask the girl you like. But keep in mind that dating is not all about asking one question after another.
Instead, give her the time she needs to fully answer your question. Also, avoid switching from one subject to another.
You can be curious and show interest by posing some really good follow-up questions that help you to keep the conversation going. But, respect her privacy if she doesn’t want to answer your question.
Some final thoughts…
Show interest in her and don’t make her feel like as if you are interviewing her. Remember that that key to having an exciting conversation lies in asking the right question at the right time.
This means that not all questions above are suitable to be asked any time. Some of them may be too deep or traumatic for the girl you like. For this reason, try to get to know her first and establish trust before using these questions to ask a girl.
Now check out our article explaining how to make him miss you.
A quick message from Lachlan Brown, the founder of Hack Spirit
In 2018, the third year of Hack Spirit, I poured thousands of hours and considerable resources into creating these articles. It's a labor of love and remains free thanks to your patronage. If you found any value in these articles, please consider supporting what I do with a donation. Your support is what helps me to continue creating more Hack Spirits articles. To make a donation, click the "donate" button below and choose between a single donation or monthly.
Check out Hack Spirit's eBook: How to be Your Own Life Coach: 10 Essential Steps to Creating a Life You Love. Perfect for setting new year goals and actually achieving them!
- Learn the 10 crucial steps to creating a life you love
- Practical techniques and exercises throughout to work out who you are, where you are and what you want to achieve in life
- Affirmations, quotes and motivational techniques to keep you going...even through tough times
- Practical case studies showing what works and what doesn’t