- Contact Information
- Information We Collect
- Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Sharing Your Information
- Opt-out Procedures
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Information Security
- Credit Card Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Transfer of Information to the United States
- Information About Children
- Links to Other Materials
ATTN: Customer Service
42D Melrose St
Parkdale, VIC 3195
OR our online form
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website (hackspirit.com) and related HS webpages (collectively, the “Site”).
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- Any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Information We Collect
As you use the Site, HS may ask you for certain personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. Such information is provided voluntarily by you. In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or providing any of the above personal information about yourself; however, you must provide personal information in order to subscribe to HS email alerts or register with the Site.
When you subscribe to HS’s paid content and set up an account, we also may ask you for additional information to complete the transaction and register you for the paid content, including, without limitation, your name, birthdate, mailing and billing address, zip code, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
Additionally, HS and our advertising partners may use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies to collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit the Site, including, but not limited to, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Site, and aggregate data about the pages visited. HS and our advertising partners may use this information and connect this information with your personal information such as your name or email address to identify you and provide you with content that may be relevant to you.
Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
HS may collect user personally identifiable information over time and across third-party websites, and we may permit third parties to gather information passively on the Site for behavioral advertising purposes.
We utilize third-party advertising companies to place advertisements on our website. These companies may implement cookies and other online tracking technologies to determine information about your visits to this website to determine what advertisements to show you.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Additionally, some Internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We are currently not set up to respond to such signals.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your transactions or communications with us.
- To provide you with information that may be relevant to you from us or our advertising partners.
- To allow our advertising partners to provide you with information that may be relevant to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site.
- For internal business operations, including the improvement of our products and services, data analytics and other normal business activities.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about products and services from HS and from our business partners that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the opt-out procedures described in the Opt-Out Procedures section.
Sharing Your Information
HS does not sell, trade, or disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties except as set forth herein.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, change in control, or other sale, transfer, or other action with respect to of some or all of HS assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personally identifiable information held by HS about the Site users is among the assets affected.
- To our affiliates and advertising partners to provide you with information that may be relevant to you, including for their own marketing purposes.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HS, our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To third party advertising companies to provide targeted advertisements on the Site.
With your consent. We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about the Site users without restriction.
If you do not wish to have your contact information shared by HS to third parties to promote their products or services, you can opt out by contacting us here.
If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future promotional email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to transactional emails regarding your transactions or updates to our policies.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident with whom HS has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to any personal information HS may have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, HS may provide a cost-free means to opt out of such sharing.
HS has opted to provide you with a cost-free means to opt out of such sharing. If you do not want HS to disclose your personal information to other companies for their marketing purposes, please follow the opt-out procedures set forth above.
You may also send an email here instructing us to no longer share your personal information with third parties who will use it for their direct marketing purposes. Please also include your name and all of the postal addresses and email addresses that you have provided to us.
HS has implemented certain procedural, technical and physical security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of sensitive information that you provide. We require third parties with whom we share personally identifiable information to do the same. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Site, and HS is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using the Site, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Credit Card Information
HS does not store your credit card information when you subscribe to our services. HS partners with third party providers to process credit card transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
HS email subscribers may review or modify their contact information on file by accessing their account online. Subscribers of paid content may also review or modify their contact information on file by accessing their account online. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Information About Children
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 18 years. We will not request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 18. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered or otherwise provided personally identifiable information, we will cancel the corresponding registration and remove his or her personally identifiable information.
Links to Other Materials