Encouragement is powerful.
Encouragement means boosting a person’s will so he can overcome a specific concern. It gives a person the strength to focus on how to positively fix the situation, rather than dwelling with the issue.
We all need words of encouragement. Whether it’s a short poem, a quote or a mantra, these words give us confidence, optimism, inspiration, and comfort.
Here you will find quotes that will urge you to face any obstacles and prevail over them:
- A problem is only a problem if you refuse to look for a solution. If you don’t take action to fix it then it will remain a problem. – Catherine Pulsifer
- Our real problem, then, is not our strength today; it is rather the vital necessity of action today to ensure our strength tomorrow. – Dwight Eisenhower
- If someone has made you feel as though you are the problem in his or her life, it is vital that you remove this destructive label from your self-image. You are never the problem; you may, however, have problems that hurt the people around you. But as long as you believe that you are the problem, you will be stuck in a ditch of defeat. – Dr. Robert Watts Jr., People Are Never the Problem
- One cannot resolve an issue if one is stuck on the issue or the problem. To become mired in a problem where there is no possibility of a resolution means that there is no will to move beyond the problem. – Catherine Pulsifer, Every Problem Has A Solution
- No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. – Albert Einstien
- Learn to reframe those things that appear to be problems into those things that give you an opportunity instead. – Catherine Pulsifer
- Anger is natural; it is how you manage that is what counts and mismanaged anger is what causes problems, is highly unproductive and is not healthy, either for you or for those around you. – James Seals, Anger: Natural Treatments To Manage Frustration And Stress
- The problem for most people who want to be successful is not that they can’t achieve success. The main obstacle for them is that they misunderstand success. – John C Maxwell, 3 Things Successful People Do Success
- To solve a problem or to reach a goal, you don’t need to know all the answers in advance. But you must have a clear idea of the problem or the goal you want to reach. – W. Clement Stone
- We can let our problems depress us, or we can accept life’s challenges and deal with them as they occur. We can turn our focus to looking for the positive in the problem, and, there is a positive to every problem, sometimes you just have to stop and look for it. – Catherine Pulsifer, Happiness and Perceptions
- If you sit and moan and complain, you are stuck and the problem now owns you. On the other hand, if you take that problem and say to yourself that there is a solution then you already have taken the first step to find a solution. – Catherine Pulsifer, How Long Does A Storm Last
- Your problems seem larger when all you do is sit around and think about them. When you are active and doing something productive you will find that your mind is no longer focusing on your issues and in fact you may find yourself feeling better. And, you may come up with a solution to your problem because you are not soley focusing on it. – Catherine Pulsifer, All Is Going Well
- No problem is insurmountable. With a little courage, teamwork and determination a person can overcome anything. – B. Dodge
(Want to be inspired to live a courageous life? Check out our quotes on courages.)
- It’s not the problems we face – it’s how we face the problems, and if we have the courage to face the problems head-on, we will find there are no problems – only solutions. – Mary White, ReSTYLEing your LIFE
- For any problem, no matter how big or complex it may be, there is a solution. – Earl Nightingale, Business Life
- Stop beating yourself up, you are a work in progress. – Anonymous
- Don’t look directly at the problem, look at what the problem is growing inside you: strength, character, perseverance, patience, and faith. – Scott Gordon, Tough Times Cannot Last Forever: Getting Through Difficult Seasons
- The truth is, the problem is not actually the problem – it’s the view point you’ve taken in regard to the problem that is causing you stress.- Robin H-C, Life’s in Session!
- Don’t make a habit out of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you. – Eric Thomas
- Your motivations are your own. You must master them if you want to do great work. – Brian Knapp, Creative Pursuit
- ..If we deliberately seek encouragement (motivation) on a daily basis, it will become a habit and enable us to get ahead and stay ahead in life. – Zig Ziglar, Over the Top
- Change can hurt, be uncomfortable, and be difficult in the beginning. Remember this English Proverb: Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly. – Lisa Rusczyk Ed.D
- Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. – Anonymous
- You have a greater potential than anyone who has ever lived before you! But you’ll never “make it” by sitting on your duff and telling the world how great you’re going to be, starting tomorrow. – Og Mandino, The Choice
- No matter the number of times you fail you must be determined to succeed. You must not lose hope. Don’t stop in your storm. – Tony Narams, Top Secret: You Can Fly Like An Eagle
- Sometimes when you are in a dark place you think you have been buried, but actually you have been planted. – Christine Caine
- No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun. – Anonymous
- Soon, when all is well, you’re going to look back on this period of your life and be so glad that you never gave up. – Brittany Burgunder
- You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up. – Anonymous
- You can do no more than you believe you can. You can be no more than you believe you are. – Norman Vincent Peale, Stay Alive All Your Life
- Nothing in this world is impossible to a willing heart. – Abraham Lincoln
- Winning is coming in fourth, exhausted and encouraged – because last time you came in fifth. – Denis Waitley
- You will not always be strong, but you can always be brave. – Beau Taplin
- To be disciplined or non-disciplined is a choice you make every minute in every hour of your life. – Russell Gerald Johnston, Random Wisdom
- Whatever our regret, we can learn to use its lessons and gifts. – Hamilton Beazley, No Regrets
- One must not focus on the risk of saying, “Yes.” The greater risk is missing opportunities by saying, “No.” – Charles Sullivan, Never Say Never, Never Say No
- We all have the ability to replace a negative thought with a positive one. You must be aware of what you are thinking about! – Yvonne Haughton, Good Night Insomnia
- Once the choice is made, do not look back, do not second-guess your decisions. – Muhammad Ali
Yes, lives are full of challenges.
But a positive message and words of encouragement about pulling through a difficult situation can make all the difference.
Why not encourage someone today?
You may also like reading:
- My life was going nowhere, until I had this one revelation
- He doesn’t really want the perfect woman. He wants these 3 things from you instead…
- 3 huge mistakes women make that push men away
- How to love yourself: 15 steps to believing in yourself again
- The hero instinct: How can you trigger it in your man?
Sign up to Hack Spirit's daily emails
Learn how to reduce stress, cultivate healthy relationships, handle people you don't like and find your place in the world.