If you find yourself falling for a girl, it can be hard to know if she is feeling the same way.
There’s so many ways to communicate with each other that it’s still surprising to find that people struggle to be honest about their feelings.
It seems the more ways we have to talk to someone, the less we actually talk to them.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
If you are into a girl and want to know if she’s into you too, check out these 17 signs that she is picking up what you’re putting down.
If you can’t find some of these actions in her behavior, she’s probably not that into you.
1) She lingers in your area.
Even after her friends have moved on down the line, she is hanging back and wanting to talk to you.
She’ll ask questions and suggest another drink. Or, she’ll just sit quietly and wait for you to talk to her.
2) She wants to know more.
She’ll probe for more information when you offer her information about yourself, and she’ll ask lots of questions.
She’ll want to know about your life, friends, work, hobbies, favorite everything, and more.
3) She laughs at your terrible jokes.
You know these are bad jokes but she’s laughing, so you can rest assured that she’s into you.
You might think you are a drag, but if she is laughing at your stupid jokes and thinks your story about missing Christmas dinner is hilarious, then it’s safe to assume she likes you.
Nobody else laughs at your stories, so it’s a surefire way to tell if the girl likes you for real.
4) She keeps locking eyes with you.
If you keep catching her looking at it, then it’s a no brainer. Unless, of course, you have something on your face.
Then, take that opportunity to make a joke and get her number.
5) She pays attention to you.
She’ll listen and pay attention to what you are saying. She doesn’t interrupt and is enjoying you being the center of attention.
6) She won’t stop smiling.
She just likes looking at you and that makes her happy. If she is smiling a lot, don’t let it weird you out. It means she likes you. Or, you know, you have something on your face.
What catches a lot of guys off guard is that she is smiling away at you and you are too busy to notice, so then it just feels weird when you say to her, “what are you smiling about?”
And the whole vibe gets killed. Look up and see her beautiful smile to know if she is into you.
7) She seems relaxed around you.
She’ll just chill out when you are around and doesn’t feel like she needs to be anything but herself. You dig that about her and she knows it.
8) She wants to know if you have a girlfriend.
Women aren’t subtle these days so don’t be surprised if she just comes right out and asks if you have a girlfriend.
9) She tells you something personal.
If a woman gives up some personal information shortly after meeting her, she’s into you.
Don’t take it for granted. Offer something up in return.
10) She’s present and accounted for when you are around.
She’s not looking over your shoulder or talking to her friends. You’ve got her full attention.
11) She’s pretty active on your social media.
She’s always commenting and liking your posts and sharing things with via direct message.
Private jokes and things that mean something to her are a sure sign she’s into you.
12) She’s teasing you and picking on you.
We might as well be in grade school again, but sometimes, that’s how it goes. If she’s teasing you about a mustard stain on your shirt, it probably means she likes you.
13) She keeps dropping hints to hang out one-on-one.
She’s free Saturday afternoon and has said it three times already. Take the hint. She wants to hang out.
Day or night, if you send her a text, she is on the next bus across town to see you.
While this might seem a bit desperate, it really is a testament to how much she wants to be around you and is willing to drop everything to get some alone time with you. Use it wisely.
14) She’s not pulling away when you lean in.
You might be surprised to find she’s also leaning in, so go with it. What’s the worst that could happen?
15) She’s physically close to you in public.
She’ll take the seat next to you anytime.
16) She tells her friends about you.
If her friends mention you, it’s a good sign she’s been talking about you, and that she likes you!
17) She makes herself available.
She’ll happily cancel plans to spend time with you so try not to take advantage of it, but definitely take her up on her offer to hang out if she says she’s suddenly free.
18) You get the feeling she likes talking to you.
Whether you talk about baseball, your shoes, or life goals, you totally feel like she is picking up what you are putting down.
She’s attentive and seems to really enjoy your rendition of yesterday’s thunderstorm.
But in all seriousness, if a girl is into you, she is going to enjoy your company, regardless of what you talk about when you are together.
19) She touches you throughout your conversations.
If there’s one way to know for sure that a girl likes you, it’s if she is touching your shoulder, arm, or hand during a conversation.
Looking to increase your mental toughness? Check out our new eBook on the Art of Resilience. Resilience is a crucial ingredient to a happy, healthy life, and determines how high we rise above what threatens to wear us down. Check it out here: https://t.co/9VNCGXqdIR pic.twitter.com/z7UDqRhNCg— Lachlan Brown (@Lachybe) September 20, 2018
She might also slip her hand onto your knee from time to time, but more often than not, she is going to touch your hand playfully or lightly to let you know that she is enjoying your company, your conversation, and most importantly, she is enjoying you.
20) She tells you how good you look.
You might be wearing your old basketball hoodie from high school, but if she has you in her sights, she’ll tell you how good you look no matter what.
Again, this is awkward for some guys who don’t know what to do with a “you look good” compliment, but get used to it if you want her to be your girl.
Don’t brush it off either – girls hate that. If she is trying to give you a genuine compliment, let her. And then say thank you.
21) She tries to let you know she is single.
If you’ve just met, she’ll quickly start dropping hints that she is in the market for a new guy.
She’ll casually mention on her last boyfriend dumped her or moved away. She might not come out and say “I’m single!” but she’ll certainly drop hints to let you know she is available.
If you’ve known each other for a while, then you’ll probably know her relationship status so pay attention to cues from her that she is ready to start dating someone again.
That someone could be you!
22) She sends you text messages throughout the day.
Even if you are just friends, there’s always things to watch out for her in text messages.
If she signs her texts with xo’s or if she asks your advice on what she should do during a certain situation.
As independent as many women are, they still turn to their better half for life advice and help to make decisions about what they want.
This isn’t because they can’t make those decisions on their own; it’s because they want to include the important people in their lives in those decisions.
If she’s asking for your advice or sending your texts to ask questions, you are someone special to her.
23) She blushes when you give her a compliment.
If you tell her she is looking good, you might find that she suddenly turns into a shy girl.
This is especially noticeable when she is outgoing and loves to joke around.
Compliments make women feel vulnerable and they don’t always know how to act following something like that.
So if you find she is suddenly a weird Wanda, it might be because she likes you.
24) If she’s shy, she might purposefully try to avoid eye contact.
If she is shy, it’s hard for her to admit she likes you, so she’ll avoid meeting your eyes because you might make her feel intimidated or vulnerable in her position.
It’s not a bad thing, and you are doing nothing wrong. It’s just something to watch out for when the two of you are hanging out together.
25) She shows up looking better than usual.
If she’s a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl and suddenly she shows up wearing a beautiful and elegant dress, watch out.
Girls preen and tidy up when they are into a guy because they want him to notice her.
Men don’t think girls do this because men are too busy worrying about how they themselves look.
So keep an eye out for the beautiful dress and elegant high heels to know if she is into you.
Check out Hack Spirit's eBook on How to Use Buddhist Teachings for a Mindful, Peaceful and Happy Life.
Here's what you'll learn:
• How and why to be mindful: There are many simple exercises you can do to bring a mindful attitude to quotidian activities such as eating breakfast, walking the dog, or sitting on the floor to stretch.
• How to meditate: Many beginning meditators have a lot of questions: How should I sit? How long should I meditate? What if it feels awkward or uncomfortable or my foot falls asleep? Am I doing it wrong? In this book, you’ll find simple steps and explanations to answer these questions and demystify meditation. (And no, you’re not doing it wrong).
• How to approach relationships: This section offers tips for interacting with friends and enemies alike and walks you through a loving kindness meditation.
• How to minimize harm: There is a lot of suffering in the world; it’s best for everyone if we try not to add to it. Here you’ll read about the idea of ahimsa (non-harming) and how you might apply it to your actions.
• How to let things go: As Buddhism teaches, excessive attachment (whether we’re clinging to something or actively resisting it) all too often leads to suffering. Practitioners of mindfulness meditation find peace in letting go and accepting things as they are in the moment.
Check it out here.