If you’ve been in a relationship with your boyfriend for a while and are looking to learn more about him to help you decide if he’s the one for you, asking lots of questions can either prove informative or annoying – so approach with caution.
Rather than just in and grill him with all kinds of questions to ask a guy, try approaching with some classic questions that will make him feel comfortable and open up a bit more.
Getting to Know People is Harder These Days
Despite having a great deal of access to people through technology, it is actually harder to get to know someone now because we are all so distracted by the same technology that is supposed to bring us closer.
In order to connect with guys on a deeper level, sometimes you have to put in more of an effort, and asking these questions to a guy is a great way to get the information you want to help you decide if he’s the right guy for you.
Questions to Ask a Guy to Get to the Root of His Thoughts
There is no right or wrong way to ask questions of people. However, there are a few things you can do to make the most of those questions to get the information you want.
Whether or not he says things that you want to hear is another story, but you can certainly work your questions to learn as much as possible.
Don’t just ask a question; be sure to ask follow up questions to make the most of your conversations.
Questions and Follow-up Questions
Here is a list of 20 questions to ask a guy and we’ve thrown in some possible follow-up questions to help you get more out of your conversations.What has been your proudest moment of your life?
1) What made it so special?
2) What is the funniest thing you’ve ever witnesses?
3) What made it so funny?
4) How do you like to veg out?
5) What’s your favorite Netflix binge show?
6) What is the scariest thing you’ve been through?
7) Did you change anything about your life afterwards?
8) What’s your best memory from growing up?
9) What was your favorite toy?
10) When was the last time you did something nice for someone?
11) What prompted you to do that for that person?
12) What makes life worth living for you?
13) Why is that important to you?
14) What is your favorite kind of animal?
15) What animal would you be?
16) What’s your go-to favorite movie?
17) What makes it your favorite?
18) What’s one thing you have never told anyone?
19) Why haven’t you told anyone that?
20) What are you afraid of in life?
21) Do you think that stems from a previous experience?
22) If you had to leave your house, what is the one thing you couldn’t leave without?
23) What would you definitely leave behind?
24) Who’s your favorite family member?
25) Who’s your least favorite family member?
26) What’s Thanksgiving dinner like in your family?
27) What do you eat at Thanksgiving?
28) What’s the best worst joke you’ve ever heard?
29) Who told it to you?
30) What is your favorite kind of ice cream?
31) What kind of toppings do you like?
32) What do you like about yourself?
33) Why do you like that about yourself?
34) What’s one thing you would change about your life if you could?
35) Have you ever thought about how you might go about making that change?
36) What’s one thing you wouldn’t change about your life?
37) Why is that so special to you?
38) If you had to eat the same food for a month, what would it be?
39) What would be for dessert?
Regardless of where you are in your relationship, asking questions of one another is a great way to stay connected, keep tabs on where you are at in life, and continue to discover things that you may have in common.
Even when you’ve been with your guy for a long time, you can continue to build a close relationship with them by staying curious about their likes and dislikes, and check in once in a while to see if things have changed for your guy.
After all, two days in a row are never the same. So ask questions and listen for the answers and you and your guy will continue to have a great relationship for years to come. Encourage him to ask you questions as well, and always follow up with additional questions to keep the conversation going.
There’s always something to learn about your significant other, so give this a try when you are feeling like you might be stuck, or you want to shake things up over dinner tonight.