Long distance relationships are tough.
I know because I’ve been there. The distance and time apart can make you question yourself, your partner and whether your love for each other still exists.
But don’t worry, it still does.
So if you find yourself battling those demons, here are some long distance relationship quotes that will spark your heart and mind to get yourself through the emotional pain. Enjoy!
50 long distance relationships that’ll give you strength
1) “I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
2) “I know we loved each other, but distance can do strange things to people and before I was willing to tell you about it, I wanted to be certain that it would last” – Nicholas Sparks
3) “You’re too far for my hands to hold you, but too near for my heart to love you.” – Heraline
4) “If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.” – Anna Agoncillo
5) “My heart is your home, wherever in the world you are – you will always have a place to stay.” – K.A. Hill
6) “Missing someone can hurt. But when you know they are yours forever, negativity it helps avert.” – Trishna Damodar
7) “May be its a good idea to write something about you in my book… At least then, there will be a place where we will meet everyday… and be together forever!” – Anamika Mishra
8) “Maybe, I thought, it’s not distance that’s the problem, but how you handle it.” – Dash
9) “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
10) “It’s been a year and 3 months since we’ve kissed, and I rather have the ghost of his mouth on my lips than kiss anyone else.” – Alishah Khan
11) “Thank God for men who manage to hold from afar, wipe tears away with tender words and dish out the life force that is hope. She has never felt so alone but out there, across an ocean, and in a foreign land, there is a man who loves her and would lay down his life just so she could feel the light once again.” – Donna Lynn Hope
12) “Absence makes the heart grows fonder, doesn’t it?” – Simon Van Booy
13) “I never got to tell him again that he really was wrong, that miles didn’t matter, not if you loved someone. That borders and oceans weren’t obstacles, not for the mind. I wished I’d been able to tell him these things, because saying them out loud to someone real, instead of a mirror or a picture postcard, would have made them all the more convincing.” – Emylia Hall
14) “Maintaining a long-distance relationship requires a lot of discipline,” surmised Duncan. “The loneliness that they experience is a formidable force to be reckoned with, and not everyone can withstand it. A physical entity is always more powerful than a voice distorted by static, more so when they encounter problems and want to share them with their partner in real time. In such cases, they usually turn to a third party, and that’s when the relationships fall apart like a house of cards.” – Alexis Lawrence
15) “She wondered whether all marriages started out this way. Whether this initial stress and adjustment, push and pull and tremors and shakes were common to all relationships. Maybe the fact that they had started off as a long-distance couple had shielded them from the pressures that normal couples in the same city went through. She wondered why all those relatives who had sat on her head asking her to get married had never mentioned this particular phase.” – Shweta Ganesh Kumar
16) “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
17) “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Thomas Fuller
18) “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
19) “If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.” – Bernard Byer
20) “Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.” – Meghan Daum
21) “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).” – e.e. cummings
22) “The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance, but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
23) “It seemed that we loved each other better when there were large swaths of two continents between us. The daily work of love was often hard to perform at home.” – Aleksandar Hemon
24) “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
25) “And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran
26) “Distance is just a test of how far love can travel.” – Unknown
27) “Ocean separates lands, not souls.” – Munia Khan
28) “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” – Tom McNeal
29) “How do you know if something is real? That’s easy. Does it change you? Does it form you? Does it give you wings? Does it give you roots? Does it make you look back at a month ago and say, “I am a whole different person right now”? If yes, then it’s real. The evidence of truth and reality, lies in how much something can touch you, can change you, even if it’s from very far away. Distance is only the evidence of what can be surpassed.” – C. JoyBell C.
30) “If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.” – Anna Agoncillo
31) “Once trust is built, distance cannot kill it. Time and space alone cannot destroy authentic connection.” – Vironika Tugaleva
32) “Seasons of the heart. To get through what I must I’m often encased in ice and for months he chips away until he can see my face and after a while, I begin to thaw. As warmth and feeling returns, my emotions continue to build until my personality is set on fire. When he leaves, the fire dwindles until there is but a flicker. Then there is stillness and winter returns.” – Donna Lynn Hope
33) “Absence makes the heart grows fonder, doesn’t it?” – Simon Van Booy
34) “Maintaining a long-distance relationship requires a lot of discipline,” surmised Duncan. “The loneliness that they experience is a formidable force to be reckoned with, and not everyone can withstand it. A physical entity is always more powerful than a voice distorted by static, more so when they encounter problems and want to share them with their partner in real time. In such cases, they usually turn to a third party, and that’s when the relationships fall apart like a house of cards.” – Alexis Lawrence, O.U.R. Café
35) “Being close is the first and last desire of lovers, but being far and loving each other without an inch’s difference is the characteristic of real love.” – Senora Ray
36) “Does distance really matter? You love your favorite actor, drool for your favorite singer and await patiently for the next art from your favorite artist or writer. Why not the one you love?” – Jane Morsel
37) “Can miles truly separate? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
38) “The distance may be far and wide but my heart can cover them all. The space between us is so much more but you should know that I love you so!” – Linda Roy
39) “Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heart will never change.” – Ting Stores
40) “No matter how far you manage to go, distance will never be able to erase those beautiful memories. There is so much goodness that we shared together.” – Lucy Aims
41) “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Gandhi
42) “No matter where I am, no matter where I go, your heart is my northern light, I will always find my way home.” – Michael Kilby
43) “I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.” – Steve Maraboli
44) “Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.”- Cheryl Ott
45) “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” – A.A. Milne
46) “True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.” – Unknown
47) “I’ll hold you in my heart, till I can hold you in my arms.” – Eddy Arnold
48) “In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hans Nouwens
49) Missing someone gets easier every day because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.” – Unknown
50) “Some people can be so close to you even if physically far, they walk with you and stay near in every moment of your life.” – Senora Roy
Are you frustrated with dating?
Finding the right guy and building a relationship with him isn’t as easy as swiping left or right.
I’ve been in contact with countless women who start dating someone only to encounter really serious red flags.
Or they’re stuck in a relationship that’s just not working for them.
No one wants to waste their time. We just want to find the person that we’re meant to be with. We all (both women and men) want to be in a deep passionate relationship.
But how do you find the right man for you and establish a happy, satisfying relationship with him?
Maybe you need to enlist the help of a professional relationship coach…
Introducing a breakthrough new book
I’ve reviewed a lot of dating books on Hack Spirit and a new one just came to my attention. And it’s good. The Devotion System by Amy North is a welcome addition to the online world of relationship advice.
A professional relationship coach by trade, Ms. North offers up her own comprehensive advice on how to find, keep, and nurture a loving relationship to women everywhere.
Add to that actionable psychology- and science-based tips on texting, flirting, reading him, seducing him, satisfying him and more, and you have a book that will be incredibly useful to its owner.
This book will be very helpful for any woman struggling to find and keep a quality man.
In fact, I liked the book so much that I decided to write an honest, unbiased review of it.
One reason I found The Devotion System so refreshing is that Amy North is relatable for many women. She’s smart, insightful and straightforward, she tells it like it is, and she cares about her clients.
That fact is clear from the very beginning.
If you’re frustrated by continuously meeting disappointing men or by your inability to build a meaningful relationship when a good one comes along, then this book is a must-read.
You may also like reading:
- He doesn’t REALLY want the perfect girlfriend. He wants these 3 things from you instead…
- 3 ways to make a man addicted to you
- The Hero Instinct: How Can You Trigger It In Your Man?
Did you like my article? Like me on Facebook to see more articles like this in your feed.