Long distance relationships are tough.
I know because I’ve been there. The distance and time apart can make you question yourself, your partner and whether your love for each other still exists.
But don’t worry, in most cases it does.
So if you find yourself battling those demons, here are some long distance relationship quotes that will spark your heart and mind to get yourself through the emotional pain. Enjoy!
25 long distance relationships that’ll give you strength
1) “I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
2) “I know we loved each other, but distance can do strange things to people and before I was willing to tell you about it, I wanted to be certain that it would last” – Nicholas Sparks
3) “You’re too far for my hands to hold you, but too near for my heart to love you.” – Heraline
4) “If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.” – Anna Agoncillo
5) “My heart is your home, wherever in the world you are – you will always have a place to stay.” – K.A. Hill
6) “Missing someone can hurt. But when you know they are yours forever, negativity it helps avert.” – Trishna Damodar
7) “May be its a good idea to write something about you in my book… At least then, there will be a place where we will meet everyday… and be together forever!” – Anamika Mishra
8) “Maybe, I thought, it’s not distance that’s the problem, but how you handle it.” – Dash
9) “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
10) “It’s been a year and 3 months since we’ve kissed, and I rather have the ghost of his mouth on my lips than kiss anyone else.” – Alishah Khan
11) “Thank God for men who manage to hold from afar, wipe tears away with tender words and dish out the life force that is hope. She has never felt so alone but out there, across an ocean, and in a foreign land, there is a man who loves her and would lay down his life just so she could feel the light once again.” – Donna Lynn Hope
12) “Absence makes the heart grows fonder, doesn’t it?” – Simon Van Booy
13) “I never got to tell him again that he really was wrong, that miles didn’t matter, not if you loved someone. That borders and oceans weren’t obstacles, not for the mind. I wished I’d been able to tell him these things, because saying them out loud to someone real, instead of a mirror or a picture postcard, would have made them all the more convincing.” – Emylia Hall
14) “Maintaining a long-distance relationship requires a lot of discipline,” surmised Duncan. “The loneliness that they experience is a formidable force to be reckoned with, and not everyone can withstand it. A physical entity is always more powerful than a voice distorted by static, more so when they encounter problems and want to share them with their partner in real time. In such cases, they usually turn to a third party, and that’s when the relationships fall apart like a house of cards.” – Alexis Lawrence
15) “She wondered whether all marriages started out this way. Whether this initial stress and adjustment, push and pull and tremors and shakes were common to all relationships. Maybe the fact that they had started off as a long-distance couple had shielded them from the pressures that normal couples in the same city went through. She wondered why all those relatives who had sat on her head asking her to get married had never mentioned this particular phase.” – Shweta Ganesh Kumar
16) “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
17) “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Thomas Fuller
18) “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
19) “If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.” – Bernard Byer
20) “Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.” – Meghan Daum
21) “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).” – e.e. cummings
22) “The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance, but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
23) “It seemed that we loved each other better when there were large swaths of two continents between us. The daily work of love was often hard to perform at home.” – Aleksandar Hemon
24) “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
25) “And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran