I don’t need to tell you that’s incredibly difficult to figure out whether a girl likes you or not.
I’m a guy and I’ve found it virtually impossible my whole life.
But the truth is, when you do some research and understand women psychology, the task becomes a lot easier. Women aren’t as complex as you might you think.
So today, I’m going to explain every tell tale sign I’ve found in my research that a girl likes you.
First off, we’ll start with 7 physical signs she likes you. After that, we’ll discuss 8 social/personality ques that she’s into you.
How to tell if a girl likes you: 7 physical signs
1) She stands taller, pulls her shoulders back and sucks her stomach in.
If she stands taller, pulls her stomach in and her shoulders back, then that’s a great sign that she’s into you.
After all, subconsciously she wants to impress you.
You can easily check out her posture when she walks past you or away from you. If she knows you’re looking, she’ll automatically change her posture like above.
Also, she might wiggle her hips like she is on the catwalk.
Other subconscious physical signs include licking her lips, pushing her neck out or touching her neck.
Because she wants to accentuate her body or face.
Other physical signs of interest can be running her hand through her hair or tilting her head.
In case you’re wondering, here’s an accentuated version of the posture they would use to walk when they know you’re looking (known as the catwalk):
2) Her feet is pointing towards you
According to psychologists, this is one of the best nonverbal cues to know if someone likes you.
This is because humans aren’t really conscious of what our feet are doing.
Watch out for:
– If her feet are pointing towards you, that’s a really good sign.
– If they are pointing completely away from you, or to the door, then she may not be interested.
– If she has her feet under her when she is sitting or her legs tightly crossed, she may be nervous or uncomfortable around you.
– Girls who sit with their feet away from their body may be relaxed when they’re around you. This is a great sign that she’s comfortable spending time with you.
3) She notices and reacts when you touch her
How a woman responds to physical touch is an excellent indicator of whether she likes you.
If she likes you, she’ll definitely notice when you touch her, even if it’s a very platonic touch. She might blush, smile or even get closer to you.
If she doesn’t like you, she’ll likely pull away when you touch her.
Of course, be careful where you touch her and don’t do it inappropriately. If you’re in conversation, a slight touch on the shoulder is enough to see how she reacts.
4) She blushes when she’s around you
Blushing is when they develop a pink tinge in the face from embarrassment or shame.
It’s common to blush when you get an unexpected compliment, or you like someone.
So if you find that she blushes when she’s around you, then it’s a good sign that she likes you.
However, make sure she doesn’t easily blush around other people as well.
5) Her pupils dilate
This one is harder to figure out, but dilated pupils are a sign of attraction.
Try to look into her eyes without creeping her out and see if you notice dilated pupils.
Keep in mind that if the lights suddenly dim, her pupils will naturally dilate.
6) She’s copying your gestures and movements
This is a huge sign that someone likes you. It’s something we all do subconsciously.
Watch out for:
– Is she copying your hand gestures when she speaks? Is she mirroring your energy level? If you talk slow, is she suddenly talking slower than usual? If she does any of these, then she might be interested.
– If she likes you, she’ll also copy some words you use, especially slang.
7) She looks at you
If she’s interested and forward, she’ll be looking at you and will maintain eye contact when you lock eyes.
She may smile or she may scan your face and give you a double-take. This is a pretty obvious sign that she likes you and she isn’t afraid to show it, either.
However, if she’s nervous and shy, she may look down when you lock eyes.
If she looks away when you notice her looking at you, that’s also a good sign. It could mean that she’s interested in you, but doesn’t want you to know she’s interested in you.
How to tell if a girl likes you: 8 social and personality ques
1) Her personality changes when she’s around you
Subtle changes in personality will indicate that she likes you. However, they may also indicate that she doesn’t like you.
Before you make assumptions based on these clues, you’ll need to get a baseline with how she acts around her friends.
Once you have that, watch out for:
– Is she more bubbly and enthusiastic when she’s around you? This could be a sign that she is trying to impress you.
Some girls, however, will get more shy, awkward and quiet when they are around you. If she goes red in the face or she looks down, then she may be shy and nervous because she likes you.
– If she’s not interested, then she may turn her body away from you, and give you short, nothing answers.
She may act annoyed when you disrupt her or take her time away. Or she may direct her attentions towards others she’s more romantically interested in.
– Is she treating you differently to others? This can include things like a playful tap on the arm, or a friendly arm around you. If she doesn’t do this to others, then it may indicate that she likes you.
2) If you do something out of the ordinary, she blushes or seems flustered
When you’re around her, do something that totally surprises her. This could be an unexpected compliment, or you could playful touch her on the arm.
She doesn’t have time to prepare her response, so this will be an excellent indicator as to whether she likes you.
– If she blushes and seems flustered, then that’s an excellent sign that she wants to impress you. She may also run her hand through her hair or adjust her clothing.
– If she seems annoyed that you’ve distracted her or done something out of the ordinary, then she may not be interested.
How are her friends acting towards you? If when you come over to them they make an effort to leave you two alone, then it’s pretty obvious that they know that she likes you.
They may also giggle, whisper or enthusiastically smile at you when you’re around.
– If she has spoken to her friends about you, they may also try to get know to you to make sure you’re a good guy and suitable for her.
4) She pays attention to you
– If she likes you, she’ll relish the time you two have together. She’ll give you undivided attention and will be enthusiastic about the exchange.
– If she’s shy, she’ll want to stay in the conversation and prolong the time you have together, but she may not seem that enthusiastic.
– If you’re in a group and she watches you more than she watches others, then that’s a really good sign that she likes you.
– On the other hand, if she is looking at her phone when you’re talking one-on-one or she seems distracted, then she may not be that into you.
5) She gets flustered when you say hello as she is talking to another guy
The reaction she has when you say hello and she’s talking with another guy will tell you whether she likes you or not.
– If she is flustered, blushing or shy, then this could be a sign that she’s worried that you think she like this guy and not you.
She even might try to pull you in the conversation to show she likes you or she’ll take a step back from the guy she’s talking to show you it’s nothing romantic.
These are great signs that she cares about what you think and doesn’t want you to get the wrong impression.
– If she doesn’t really notice you, or just views your “hello” as a distraction, then she might not be into you and is more into the guy she’s talking to.
– If there are a group of people, check to see if she’s looking at you and monitoring your reactions.
This is a great sign that she cares about how you’re reacting to the people around her.
– Remember, don’t read too much into her behavior if she is talking to “guy friends”. It’s likely that she’s comfortable around them, which may cause you to wrongly think that she romantically likes them.
6) Different personalities will show they like you in different ways
It’s important to remember that people express interest in different ways.
– If she’s an an alpha female and confident, then she’ll be pretty forward that she likes you.
She’s not going to come out and say it, but her physical postures will present you with clues.
As we mentioned before, she’ll likely pull her shoulders back, suck her stomach in and wiggle her hips when she walks. She’ll also give you strong eye contact.
If she’s the shy or anxious type, then it’s going to be a little more difficult.
Signs of blushing or looking down at the ground are generally good signs if they’re the shy type.
The anxious/avoidant types will generally appear aloof, so watch out for the subconscious physical signs.
– Also, keep in mind that most girls will wait for the guy to make the first move.
So, if you’re fairly confident that she likes you, then you might want to cut to the chase and ask her out. At least you’ll know for sure.
7) Keep in that mind that some girls will be indecisive about whether they like you
Some girls will be absolutely interested in you, while others will still be deciding for themselves.
These girls are the type that will treat you like a king one day and then the next day like you mean nothing to them.
I can’t stress this enough: Watch out for these girls, because it could be mean one of two things:
– She’s trying to manipulate and take advantage of you. It’s important to know your worth and avoid being “used” to make herself feel better or to make someone else jealous.
If you think this might be case, it’s crucial for your emotional health to stay away.
– Or she could simply be indecisive and unsure of what she wants. Again, staying with a girl like this could be bad for your emotional health. She’ll play you around.
It’s best to give someone like this their space and move on.
8) There’s plenty of fish in the sea, so choose wisely
If she does like you, then great, you can ask her out and see where it takes you.
If she doesn’t like you, then that’s also great. You can move on and find someone that is better suited to you.
It’s important to remember that there’s plenty of fish in the sea and you’re kidding yourself if you think that this one girl is the “best” girl for you.
There’s all different types of girls in this world and there are plenty of girls that will make you happy.
Check out Hack Spirit's eBook on How to be your own life coach: 10 essential steps to creating a life you love.
Here's what you'll get:
- Learn the 10 crucial steps to creating a life you love
- Practical techniques and exercises throughout to work out who you are, where you are and what you want to achieve in life
- Affirmations, quotes and motivational techniques to keep you going...even through tough times
- Practical case studies showing what works and what doesn’t
Check it out here.