Want to improve yourself…while being in the comfort of your own home?
Then you need to try some online courses.
I’ve been obsessed with online education for years so I’m going to go through the best courses that I’ve taken.
I hope they can help you as much as they’ve helped me.
I’ve also included the best articles to consume from the Hack Spirit blog in case you don’t want to spend money on courses or books.
1) Get stuck into masterclass
When it comes to online education, there isn’t a bigger name than MasterClass.
It’s basically the Netflix of online education.
They’ve got the world’s most famous instructors teaching their exact craft.
- Malcolm Gladwell teaches writing
- Chris Hadfield teaches space exploration
- Christina Aguilera teaches singing
- Gordon Ramsay teaches cooking
- Deadmau5 teaches electronic dance music.
And so much more.
If you have a look at some of the videos, or even the trailers, you’ll understand why I say it’s the Netflix of education.
The production quality is just so good!
You can easily binge-watch all of them in a day.
The best bit?
It’s much more educational than binge-watching Netflix.
After all, you’re actually learning valuable life skills while you’re watching.
Sounds great, right?
Now I’m sure you’re wondering: how much does it cost?
Each class is $90. But MasterClass also offers an “All-Access Pass” that gives you unlimited access to all of their classes for $180 per year.
They’ve also got a money-back guarantee, so you can get a full refund within 30 days if you change your mind.
Over the last few years, I’ve taken almost all of the available MasterClass classes.
I’m going through them all again now that I’m in self-isolation.
I’ve also put together this comprehensive review of MasterClass so you can decide if they’re for you.
Check out my MasterClass review here.
And if you want to go directly to MasterClass now, click here.
2) The uncompromised life by marisa peer
This is an online hypnotherapy and mindfulness course taught by the great psychologist Marisa Peer.
As the founder of Hack Spirit, a site on mindfulness and self-improvement, I’m obsessed with the online educational courses that inspire you to change your life.
And I can quite honestly say that this is one of the most detailed and insightful courses I’ve taken. (You can read my review of the course here)
The Uncompromised Life course is all about holding yourself accountable and getting your mind focused on what’s important to you.
Marisa’s philosophy is simply about maximizing your potential by unlocking your subconscious thoughts and becoming more mindful of your actions.
It really is a great combination.
If you want a sort of teaser into Marisa’s philosophy, start with her TedTalk entitled “To reach beyond your limits by training your mind”.
This material is a great intro to what Marisa is like as an instructor and psychologist, and can give you an idea of what to expect on her extensive course.
Here it is:
So, if you’re wondering if The Uncompromised Life is for you, you should definitely consider the course if:
- You have patterns of failure with relationships and work, and want to uncover reasons why it keeps happening
- You are struggling with an addiction (food, cigarette, alcohol, shopping) and want to improve yourself
- You have the tendency to self-sabotage or shutdown, and want to control these self-destructive habits
- You are crippled by fear and anxiety, unsure how to move forward
- You are suffering from trauma and want to move on from the past
Marisa’s clientele may be composed of the 1%, but her course is all about bringing these mind hacks and teachings closer to everyday people.
Which is awesome for you and me.
The best thing about this course is that it will strengthen your foundation as a person, whether or not you have a specific problem.
Uncompromised Life is an excellent resource, one that you can purchase for personal use or as a gift to friends.
There’s also a free masterclass that you can a lot out of as well. If you’re skeptical, I’d advise you to check that out first. Click here for Maria Peer’s free masterclass.
It is a perfect introduction to mindfulness, hypnotherapy, and the subconscious as well as a supplementary resource for students of psychology, wellness, and mental health.
To buy the course, check it out here.
3) The no-nonsense guide to using buddhism and eastern philosophy for a better life
Now I might be a little biased, and this is perhaps a little self-promotional, but check out my eBook: The No-Nonsense Guide to Using Buddhism and Eastern Philosophy for a Better Life.
I spent a hell of a lot of time writing it and I’m really pleased with how it turned out. (You can read my story about how Buddhist philosophy changed my life here).
My book filters out the mystery of eastern philosophy and shows you how you can practically use their wisdom to improve your life.
No fluff. No nonsense. Just actionable advice.
By learning the lessons in this eBook, my aim is that you’ll realize you don’t have to travel to a remote cave, mountain, or desert to achieve a serene sense of calm.
The relaxed, quiet confidence you seek is already inside you. All you have to do is tap into it.
Within my book you’ll discover the core components of achieving happiness, anywhere at any time through:
– Creating a state of mindfulness throughout the day
– Learning how to meditate
– Fostering healthier relationships
– Healing from pain and trauma
– Unburdening yourself from intrusive negative thoughts.
And while I primarily focus on Buddhist teachings throughout the book—particularly as they relate to mindfulness and meditation—I also provide key insights and ideas from Taoism, Jainism, Sikhism and Hinduism.
Think of it this way:
I’ve taken 5 of the world’s most powerful philosophies for achieving happiness and captured their most relevant and effective teachings—while filtering out the confusing jargon.
I then shaped them into a highly-practical, easy-to-follow guide for improving your life.
Check it out here and let me know what you think.
4) Out of the box
This is another one of my favorite online courses taught by the wise Brazillian Shaman Rudá Iandê.
Out of the Box is about discovering who you really are and unleashing your authentic self.
It really helped me confront some of the limiting beliefs that were holding me back.
Instead of hiding from my insecurities and anxieties, I learned to face them and most importantly, accept them.
I’ll be honest, at the time it wasn’t easy but looking back I can’t express how much it has changed my life.
Accepting your anxieties and your fears are crucial to living a fulfilling and peaceful life.
What I loved about Out of the Box is that it’s not your typical “new-age” program.
For example, if you listen to the majority of so-called “new-age gurus”, they’ll tell you to stop negative thinking at all costs, avoid your anxieties and fears and be as optimistic as you can.
On the surface, this sounds good, but it doesn’t really help you improve yourself or improve your life.
Because you can’t avoid reality. Pretending everything is bright and positive doesn’t serve you in the long run.
Rudá Iandê takes you on a journey challenging all of your concepts about yourself and about life.
It’s a powerful method for those who want to face up to their inner beasts, look them in the eye and make friends with them.
You’ll get the knowledge and tools to detoxify your mind from all the spiritual, religious, ideological and educational bullsh*t that limits you so that you can unleash your personal power, unshackle your creativity and live a life of authenticity, in deep connection with your true nature.
You can also get a heap of insightful and valuable knowledge in his free masterclass here.
For the full course, click here.
5) Free resources at hackspirit.com
Now I realize that the above courses or books cost money, and it’s no secret that many of us are going through tough times at the moment.
So I’ve collated all the very best articles on Hack Spirit that I’m most proud of that can help you live a more mindful life.
I’ve separated them into topics so you can filter through what most interests you.
Calm your mind, reduce anxiety and stress
– How to stop overthinking: 10 effective tips
– How to stop worrying: 9 tips to get your mind back on track
– How to deal with negative emotions: 10 things you need to remember
– Emotionally drained: 8 clear signs and 7 useful remedies
Life tips you can implement while you’re stuck at home
– I tried intermittent fasting for one month. Here’s what happened.
– I tried Tom Brady’s TB 12 Method diet. Here’s what happened.
– 18 no-nonsense tips to (finally) get your life together
– How to be productive: 18 effective tips to get sh*t done
– The ultimate cheat sheet to meditation for beginners
– How to get over someone: 11 no bullsh*t tips
– How to make a relationship work: 10 no bullsh*t tips
– How to deal with a narcissist when you’re stuck at home with them
– Is your man pulling away? Don’t make this one BIG mistake
– In a relationship with a narcissist? The advice you need to hear
– How to love yourself: 15 steps to believing in yourself again
– How to clear your mind: 10 no bullsh*t tips (backed by research)
– Unconventional self-improvement: 8 toxic beliefs to get rid of!
– 3 mindful breathing exercises
– Unconventional self-improvement: 8 toxic beliefs to get rid of!
Did you like my article? Like me on Facebook to see more articles like this in your feed.