It’s impossible to link maturity to a specific age. We have all come across young people who are mature beyond their age and, conversely, older people who behave in the most appalling immature manner.
The aspect of our lives where immature behavior can have a lasting damaging legacy is in personal relationships. Many relationships eventually end because partners are not on the same level of maturity.
Let’s have a look at what behavior a woman can expect from a mature man and what you can expect him never to do.
1) A mature man won’t run away from his problems
A mature man will not leave you in the lurch when times get tough. He will stand by you and help the two of you find solutions through challenging times. A mature man takes responsibility for his own life and decisions and don’t blame others when things go wrong.
2) A mature man won’t criticize you
Mature men don’t go about criticizing the woman in their lives for their appearance, weight, profession, or even their hopes and dreams. They are not that shallow. A mature man is out to support you, not bring you down. Mature people are also able to handle criticism and not take things personally. Any mature person can handle both compliments and criticism and not let it sway their sense of self in any direction.
3) A mature man isn’t afraid to show his emotions
Most men find it difficult to express their feelings in day-to-day situations, but a mature man finds a way to do it as he knows that he must take the needs of his partner into consideration. Part of being mature is to have your focus away from yourself and on the other person. He knows showing emotion is a way to deepen the relationship and is not a sign of weakness.
4) A mature man won’t make you feel unwanted
It is plain bad form to exclude a partner from your circle of family and friends. A mature man, not to say a decent human being, will always include you with people and in situations that is important to him. He won’t only introduce you to his family and his friends, he will actively encourage a relationship.
5) A mature man won’t disrespect you
This goes without saying. A mature man won’t ignore you or ridicule you or make fun of you in front of others. He will show you respect in all things and situations. A mature man will not be abusive verbally or physically. He will give you space when you need it without feeling neglected or flying off in a jealous rage. He knows that a happy relationship is built on mutual respect.
Check out Hack Spirit's eBook on Why Taking Responsibility is the Key to Being the Best You. It's filled with practical tips, information and advice to live a more responsible and rewarding life. Check it out here: https://t.co/3bhUfdhHJJ pic.twitter.com/aVXAP3beux— Lachlan Brown (@Lachybe) September 21, 2018
6) A mature man doesn’t have an unhealthy relationship with his mother
This is a tell-tale sign. If you want to know how your man will treat you further down the line of marital bliss, just have a careful look at his relationship with his mother. How he treats his mother is how he will treat all women in his life. If he treats his parents with respect, love and kindness, you have a keeper.
7) A mature man won’t avoid planning for the future
Part of being mature is knowing that you have to have a long-term plan. You can’t just live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself. Such a man can commit to long-term plans and stay committed to a plan of action when it is required even when he doesn’t feel like it. He is responsible with money and doesn’t spend beyond his or the family’s needs.
8) A mature man won’t run away from advice
Any mature person knows that they don’t know everything and has the sense to seek out advice when faced with a problem. A mature man will ask for and listen to your advice. He is not too proud to admit that he needs counsel from others, especially his partner.
Hack Spirit’s new eBook, 30 Dating Secrets to Landing (and Keeping) Your Perfect Man, is a practical guide which shows you how to go from flirting, to having fun, to making future plans. Check it out here: https://t.co/PTvdRsgMkS pic.twitter.com/O2sjNC3LFL
— Hack Spirit (@hackspiritorg) March 21, 2018
Check out Hack Spirit's eBook on How to Use Buddhist Teachings for a Mindful, Peaceful and Happy Life.
Here's what you'll learn:
• How and why to be mindful: There are many simple exercises you can do to bring a mindful attitude to quotidian activities such as eating breakfast, walking the dog, or sitting on the floor to stretch.
• How to meditate: Many beginning meditators have a lot of questions: How should I sit? How long should I meditate? What if it feels awkward or uncomfortable or my foot falls asleep? Am I doing it wrong? In this book, you’ll find simple steps and explanations to answer these questions and demystify meditation. (And no, you’re not doing it wrong).
• How to approach relationships: This section offers tips for interacting with friends and enemies alike and walks you through a loving kindness meditation.
• How to minimize harm: There is a lot of suffering in the world; it’s best for everyone if we try not to add to it. Here you’ll read about the idea of ahimsa (non-harming) and how you might apply it to your actions.
• How to let things go: As Buddhism teaches, excessive attachment (whether we’re clinging to something or actively resisting it) all too often leads to suffering. Practitioners of mindfulness meditation find peace in letting go and accepting things as they are in the moment.
Check it out here.