Year after year, billions of women continue to stand up for themselves.
Even in this so-called “modern society,” we all still need to fight for equality.
But alas, to stop fighting for equality means saying no to our humanity.
So, we continue.
We empower each other and display our brilliant minds and our strong hearts.
Women use their voices to inspire, teach, and motivate each other and fight for gender equality.
We never stop and they use their power for a great cause.
Although it might be hard for some of us to feel strong and confident in our own skin, women and all human beings deserve to feel strong and powerful.
Here are 55 strong women quotes that will spark the power inside of you.
The Most Inspiring Quotes About Being A Woman
1.”Women have been trained to speak softly and carry a lipstick. Those days are over.” (Bella Abzug)
2. “A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.” (Carly Simon)
3.“Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.” (
4.“I like to play a strong woman, but a strong woman can also be very fragile and vulnerable at the same time.” (Carice van Houten)
5. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” (Nora Ephron)
6.“I’ve often thought it unfair that women are expected to stay at home when there’s a fight to be won. If a woman has the strength to bear a child, she can swing a sword as well as any man.” (Karen Hawkins)
7. “One by one she slew her fears, and then planted a flower garden over their graves.” (
8. “I figure, if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one.” (Calamity Jane)
9. “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” (Marge Piercy)
10.“On the left side of a strong woman, stands a strong man; he is strengthened by her character.” (
11. “Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else. (Judy Garland)
12. ““Sometimes I wake up and think I look horrible. And sometimes I see a strong woman.” (Irina Shayk)
13.“She has fought many wars, most internal. The ones that you battle alone, for this, she is remarkable. She is a survivor.” (
14. “I think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men, the are far superior and always have been.” (William Golding)
15.“The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” (Albert Einstein)
16. “A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.” (
17. “I just love bossy women. I could be around the all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” (Amy Poehler)
18.”Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” (Marie Curie)
19.”No one knows what you have been through or what your pretty little eyes have seen, but I can reassure you ~ whatever you have conquered, it shines through your mind.” (
20. “The question isn’t who’s going t let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” (Ayn Rand)
21. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” (Margaret Thatcher)
22.“She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city” (
23. “I’m tough, ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, Okay.” (Madonna)
24. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” (Audrey Hepburn)
25. “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” (Helen Keller)
26. “Her pride is bigger than your ego, sharper than your ugly words. And it has always been there for her to walk as a queen; No matter what her pretty eyes have ever seen …” (
27.“Confidence is the sexiest accessory.” (Kailin Gow)
28. “Understand that getting help isn’t a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.” (Michelle Obama)
29. “Figure out who are you separate from your family, and the man or woman you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self. With that, you can do anything else.” (Angelina Jolie)
30. “Do not diminish who you are. Your gender, your heritage, your identity. That’s what makes you unique.” (Kailin Gow)
31. “I know my worth. I’ve paid dearly for every ounce of it.” (Alfa)
32. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” (Sheryl Sandberg)
33. “Anyone who says women are weak is afraid they’re too strong.” (
34. “She’s a strong cup of black coffee in a world that is drunk on the cheap wine of shallow love.” (JmStorm)
35. “Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” (Nancy Pelosi)
36. “She’s an old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind.” (
37. “If you live off a man’s compliments, you’ll die from his criticism.” (Cornelius Lindsey)
38. “Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.” (Ziad K. Abdelnour)
39. “In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” (Albert Camus)
40. “Strong women wear their pain like they do stilettos. No matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it.” (Unknown)
41. “I wanted to show that women are empowered and strong, and don’t have to be saved by some male hero, but they can take care of themselves using their intelligence and their power.” (Gal Gadot)
42. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” (Melinda Gates)
43. “Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.” (Mary Oliver)
44.”Strong women need not declare they can carry all the burdens in life. They just quietly do it and survive with a smile.” (Unknown)
45. “As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire.” (Jessica Kirkland)
46. “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” (Anne Frank)
47. “A strong woman builds other up because she knows what it’s like to be torn down.” (Anonymous)
48.“Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses.” (Madame Marie du Deffand)
49. “After all those years as a woman hearing ‘not thin enough, not this enough, not that enough’, almost overnight I woke up one morning and thought: I’m enough.” (Anna Quindlen)
50. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” (Hillary Clinton)
51. “You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” (Glinda, Wizard of Oz)
52. “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.” (Sheila Murray Bethel)
53. “Storms make trees take deeper roots.” (Dolly Parton)
54.“You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” (Rosalynn Carter)
55. “Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.” (Brigitte Nicole)
Now that you’ve read these strong women quotes, check out these really inspiring quotes by Brene Brown.
Putting yourself first
Hey, Lachlan from Hack Spirit here.
What’s your number one goal at the moment?
Is it to buy that car you’ve been saving up for?
To finally start that side-hustle that’ll hopefully help you quit your 9-5 one day?
Or to take the leap and finally ask your partner to move in?
Whatever it is, you’re not going to get there, unless you’ve got a plan.
And even then…plans fail.
But I didn’t write this to you to be the voice of doom and gloom…
No, I’m writing this because I want to help you achieve the goals you’ve set.
I’ve recently been taking part in a workshop called Life Journal created by teacher and career coach Jeanette Brown.
Covering all the basics and more on what’s needed to reach your goals, Jeannette tackles everything from creating habits and new behavior patterns to putting your plans into action.
She doesn’t mess around – this workshop will require effort on your part but that’s the beauty of it – Jeanette has carefully designed it to put YOU in the driving seat of your life.
So…think back to that important goal I asked about at the start of this message.
How much do you want it?
Are you willing to put the effort in to get there?
If so, check out the workshop here.
If you do take part, I’d love to hear how your Life Journey goes!
All the best,