Love gets a bad rep these days; after all, what are the chances of actually find love in a world that is as narcissistic and superficial as it is now?
Well, if you are a hopeless romantic, you believe more than anything that we can fix the mess we’ve made for ourselves and we can find love together.
What is a Hopeless Romantic?
You might think that hopeless romantics are just those women who sit around their small apartments with their cats and tubs of ice cream waiting for prince charming to knock on their door… and you wouldn’t be wrong.
But there is a lot more to being a hopeless romantic than you might realize.
Life and love and possibility are all around us and you might be surprised to find that hopeless romantics can see all of it.
They’re always looking for love.
How to Tell If You’re a Hopeless Romantic
Hopeless romantics are often thought of as having the “heads in the clouds” and many people try to burst the bubble and bring a hopeless romantic back down to earth.
The beauty of hopeless romantics is that you can’t change their unending belief in the power of love. That’s what makes them hopeless.
They choose to love beyond all reason and without explanation and they make no apology for it.
If you feel like your undying belief in love is causing you some unwanted comments and remarks from people in your life, it’s likely that you are a hopeless romantic. Want to know for sure? Keep reading.
1) Beliefs Rule Your Life
Every little thing you do is driven by a belief system you have crafted and adopted as your own.
You are not led by others’ beliefs and you don’t need to have your beliefs validated by those around you.
This often causes some tension between you and people in your life because others don’t like it when you brush off their suggestions, but that’s what makes you a hopeless romantic: you don’t need anyone to say it is okay for you to live this way.
You know that your beliefs are strong and important to you and whether you are looking for love or not, your belief in it never dies.
2) Knowing What They Want
Hopeless romantics always seem to be in tune with those around them and know people better than they know themselves sometimes.
When you decide to be in a relationship with someone, you take the time to get to know them for all they have to offer.
You pay attention to the things they like and you anticipate their needs, sometimes even before they know they need something themselves.
It’s part of the charm of being a hopeless romantic: you are a great friend and partner to everyone who comes your way.
One thing that men really want from a relationship (which few women actually know about) is to feel like a hero.
Not an action hero like Thor, but a hero to you. As someone who provides you something no other man can.
He wants to be there for you, protect you, and to be appreciated for his efforts.
Relationship expert James Bauer calls it the hero instinct. I think this is one of the best-kept secrets in relationship psychology and could hold the key to a man’s love and devotion for life.
To learn more about the hero instinct, check out James’ free video here. He explains what the hero instinct is really about and how to trigger it in your man.
Some ideas are game-changers. And when it comes to relationships, I think this is one of them.
I don’t normally pay much attention to popular new concepts in psychology. Or recommend videos. But I think the hero instinct is a fascinating take on what drives men romantically.
3) Celebrate the Small Things in a Relationship
Whether you are sharing a coffee with your mother or a piece of birthday cake with your partner, you take the time to celebrate all things related to love.
You don’t shy away from paying attention to what is important and you aren’t embarrassed by sharing special moments, thoughts, and feelings with others.
In fact, it is what you love about yourself the most. While everyone else is cowering away from saying how they feel, you put it out there for the entire world to enjoy.
4) Daydreaming About Your Relationships
Even if you aren’t in a long-term relationship, it doesn’t stop you from daydreaming about what life will be like when you find your one true love.
You know that it is only a matter of time before you find the person you are destined to spend the rest of your life with, and despite what society or others in your life might say, you are happy to wait it out.
You know that whoever the universe has planned for you is worth the wait. You are happy to be a good friend to those in your life in the meantime and spend your days thinking about who might be coming your way.
5) Your Standards are Really High
One of the drawbacks of being a hopeless romantic is that you have almost impossibly high standards for the people you want to love in life.
With all that daydreaming comes plenty of opportunities to create a person that doesn’t exist.
You worry that your expectations are too high, and they are, but that isn’t the problem.
The problem is that you might miss out on chances to be with people who could make you really happy if given the chance, but because they don’t fit the image you have in your head, you miss out.
So watch this one as you go forward in life: be open to who might come your way and revise your checklist as necessary if you think happiness could be just around the corner.
6) You Don’t Care What Others Think
Despite how it might sound, being a hopeless romantic does not mean you are destined to spend a life alone in sadness waiting for the perfect guy to come along.
It just means that you know, more than most people, what you want. And many people end up in unhappy relationships because they are not sure of what they wanted out of the relationship to begin with.
As far as you are concerned, you’d rather those people focus on themselves than what you are doing with your life.
Because you know that people act from a place of caring, you don’t let it bother you too much what others think.
You are content to wait it out if that is what it takes and let people think what they want to think.
30 things hopeless romantics always do
7) You have no threshold for watching cheesy romantic comedies where they guy always gets the girl and they live happily ever after.
8) You hope the flowers walking through the door at work are for you. Even if you don’t have a partner. It could happen.
9) You take care of everything and everyone, including their belongings, stray cats, birds, and more.
10) You always find yourself staring lovingly at babies, beautiful things, and may fielding weird looks from your friends as you make living “awwwww” noises at them. The babies and beautiful things, not your friends.
11) You often dream of living out the end of movies you watch, including going so far as to get out the map and plan the cross country drive with your friend where you narrowly escape danger and learn some valuable life lessons.
12) Everything makes you cry, even Youtube videos.
13) You are not against getting dressed up for a fancy dinner or night on the town and you encourage people to do it more, including their children. Those little tuxedos and fancy dresses melt your heart.
14) You remain optimistic that the people in your life will find what they want, including jobs, love, and happiness. You just want what’s best for everyone.
15) As a hopeless romantic, you know that love will come your way too even if you don’t have it right now. You know that the universe will bring you love soon.
16) You are genuinely happy for people who have found love and share it on social media – you ain’t hating!
17) You’ve cried a time or two, or maybe more over an incredible long song. Actually, let’s be honest, you’ve cried over a bad love song.
18) You know that when the next big romantic movie hits theatres you are going to trying to talk your friends into going with you – but you’ll go alone if you don’t find someone to join you.
19) You’ve put your video streaming services to the test by racking up rows and rows of cheesy romantic movies you’ve watched…ten times, or more.
20) As a child, you married your stuffed animals and bears on more than one occasion and wanted them to be just as happy as you imagined yourself to be.
21) When people get down on love and marriage, you morph into a cheerleader for everything love and want to get people to turn the other cheek!
22) It makes you truly sad when people you know and love breakup, or you know, when celebrities break up and it’s in the news. Same difference.
23) You have favorite famous celebrity couples, who might not even be couples – but they were in movies you loved. And that’s enough for you.
24) In a relationship, you want to scream how much you love someone from the rooftops, and at the dinner table, and in the parking lot at Walmart. You can’t help it.
25) You love everything about life, even the hard stuff. You feel lucky just to be experiencing it.
26) You still cry when Bambi’s mother gets shot.
27) You see the beauty in everything around you and have maintained childlike enthusiasm for life. It means you get the most out of life all the time and can see how happy people are all around you, even when you don’t feel so optimistic yourself.
28) You believe in magic. Period. And no one is going to change your mind.
29) You’d get love and everything about love tattooed on your body if you could.. Could you?
30) You love everything you do, from preparing a meal to washing the dishes. You are grateful for all of it.
In conclusion: Is being a hopeless romantic enough?
Sometimes being a hopeless romantic will be enough to bring a good man into your life. And you’ll have a deep and passionate relationship.
However, most of the time it won’t be. Because to make a relationship work, the first thing you need to do is understand how men think… and what they really want from a relationship.
Let’s face it: Men see the world differently to you.
This can make a deep passionate romantic relationship — something that men actually want deep down as well — difficult to achieve.
James Bauer is one of the world’s leading relationship experts.
And in his new video, he reveals a new concept which brilliantly explains what really drives men. He calls it the hero instinct.
The hero instinct is probably the best-kept secret in relationship psychology. And I think it holds the key to a man’s love and devotion for life.
You may also like reading:
- Want her to be your girlfriend? Don’t make this mistake…
- The strangest thing men desire (And how it can make him crazy for you)
- He doesn’t REALLY want the perfect girlfriend. He wants these 3 things from you instead…
Like us on Facebook to receive useful articles in your feed.
Hack Spirit just launched a YouTube channel… And it’s awesome!
We’re sharing practical relationship advice in the form of videos. The early feedback has been incredible, but our channel is still so small…
We would love to get your help by subscribing to the channel below. It just takes a quick click of the button and means so much to us.
If you subscribe, you’ll start to see our videos in your YouTube feed. We promise to entertain and inform you with relationship advice and other practical self-improvement advice.
And check out our latest video: Spot a superficial person with these 10 signs they can’t hide
Did you like my article? Like me on Facebook to see more articles like this in your feed.