This is the truth that everyone needs to hear.
An acquaintance does not have the same meaning as friends. According to Vocabulary.com:
An acquaintance is someone you know a little about, but they’re not your best friend or anything. The root of acquaintance is the Old French word acointier, a verb meaning “make known.” Being the acquaintance of a person or topic means that you know something about it. An acquaintance is less intimate than a friend, as a person in your class whose name you know, but that’s it. When you “make the acquaintance of” someone, you meet them for the first time. If you know nothing about eggplants, you’d say, “I have little acquaintance with eggplants.”
So, let me ask you. How well do you know your friends? Are they really your friends or just an “acquaintance”?
One thing I realized about being friends with someone is that you can literally ask them just about anything!
Why? Because you’ve opened up yourself to them. But, have they?
Sometimes, we have shy friends who are not good communicators. Or maybe, we just want to explore and have a good time with them.
But whatever your reason is, we got you covered. If you need something to talk to, start them with these 170 questions to ask friends:
120 Funny questions to ask friends for a laugh
1. Have you pooped today already?
2. What’s your favorite dinosaur?
3. Hey, can I have some money?
4. What are some of your guilty pleasures that you’re willing to admit?
5. Do you hear the voices too?
6. What do you think is the worst way to die?
7. If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. What conspiracy theories do you believe in?
9. You know, when I’m in the shower, I think about you. Do you do the same thing?
10. Would you rather own a dragon or be a dragon?
11. What’s your WiFi password?
12. Do you brag about the random acts of kindness you perform?
13. What songs are on your zombie killing soundtrack?
14. As of right now, if you were to die, what would you leave me in your last will and testament?
15.Think of someone who you suspect or you know doesn’t like you. What do you think they think about you?
16. If you were on a death row, what would your last meal be?
17. How many zombies have you killed in your life?
18. Who are you and why are you in my house?
19. Would you rather wear shoes every single second for the rest of your life or never be allowed to wear shoes ever again?
20. What’s the last thing you did for the first time?
21. If I were to summon you via black magic, which 5 items would I need in each corner of the pentagram?
22. If you could do anything in the world as a career, what would it be?
23. What’s your favorite smell?
24. If you had the option to never have to sleep again, or never have to eat again, which would you choose? Why?
25. If there were no consequences for a day, what would you do?
26. If you were a serial killer, what would your modus operandi be?
27. If you were a flavor, what would you be?
28. Which Pokémon starter would you choose: Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander?
29.What’s the first thing you do when you are bored?
30. What’s your most favorite animal in the world?
31. If you had to remove one color from the world forever, which would it be?
32. When you poop at home, do you drop your pants around your ankles or take them all the way off?
33. What can you talk about for hours?
34. What will your last words be?
35. Have you ever tried to scream in your head?
36. If you could have dinner with any three people from history, who would they be?
37. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
38. If you were a fart, would you rather be the ‘loud and proud’ type or the ‘silent but deadly’ type?
39. What do you do with your shopping cart when you’re done with it at the grocery store?
40. How many second graders do you think you could fight off before you become overwhelmed?
41. When you poop in a public toilet do you hover, build a nest, or just sit down?
42. What is something I wouldn’t believe about you?
43. If you were a chair, who would you like to sit on you?
44. Would you rather be able to play every musical instrument or speak every language fluently?
45. Would you prefer to be buried or cremated?
46. What is something you believe that most people don’t?
47. If you could pick a day to relive over and over again, what day would it be and why?
48. If you could ask one question and be guaranteed complete honesty, what would you ask?
49. How dare you?
50. If you were a kitchen appliance, which one would you be and why?
51. Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?
52. If you were given a million dollars today, how would you spend it?
53. Where would no one expect to find the bodies?
54. Who’s number one on your hit list?
55. Do you sleep with your eyes open or closed?
56. If someone was filming your life up to this point, what would be on the soundtrack?
57. If you could have a song play every time you enter a room, what would it be?
58. You are given three wishes by a genie, what do you wish for (no infinite wishes or anything similar to that)?
59. Which execution method do you believe is the most interesting in history?
60. Who would you get to play as you in the movie of your life?
61. Would you rather time travel to the past or the future?
62. If you could shoot one condiment from your belly button, what would it be and why?
63. If you had to eat a crayon out of its box, what color would it be?
64. What do think 10-year-old you would tell you now?
65. What is the biggest lie you have ever told?
66. If you were the opposite sex for the whole day, what would you do?
67. When did you last shower?
68. If you could get away with it, how would you kill someone?
69. Cats or dogs? I mean if you had to, which one would you eat?
70. What is the weirdest question you have asked someone to get to know them better?
71. What is the weirdest or most unexplainable thing that ever happened to you?
72. What song do you want to be played on your funeral?
73. If you had a choice, which animal would you be and why?
74. What crime do you think you’d be arrested for?
75. If you had to be in the middle of a human centipede, who would you have in front of and behind you?
76. If you were a transformer, would you need car or life insurance?
77. What breakfast cereal has influenced your life the most?
78. Would you rather eat poop-flavored ice cream or ice cream-flavored poop?
79. If you could have any mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
80. If you could have the power to read my mind but only if I could also read yours, would you want it?
81. Where did you hide the body?
82. Where do you want to be in an hour?
83. How would your worst enemy describe you in one word?
84. If we were to play hide and seek right now, where would you hide?
85. What vegetable would you pick for a fight against a 10-year-old?
86. Would you rather fight 1 cow-sized duck or 50 duck-sized cows?
87. What would make you valuable in an ‘end of the world’ scenario?
88. What do you think of the human species? I need an outsider’s opinion.
89. Do you wanna build a snowman?
90.Would you rather have a dog or be a dog?
91. What are you proud of, but never had an excuse to talk about?
92. Who do you want to be as your celebrity opponent in a deathmatch?
93. Where would you go in case of a zombie apocalypse?
94. Do you think it’s okay for couples to fart in front of each other?
95. What’s the weirdest thing you do?
96. Have you ever touched human remains?
97. What’s a question you’d like to answer, but no one asks?
98. If you were invisible for ten minutes starting right now, what would you do?
99. You aren’t going to kill me, are you?
100. How awesome are your pajamas?
110. If you could build anything you want, what would it be?
111. Would you eat a person if you really had to?
112. If you could live forever, what would you do?
113. On a scale from one to ten, what’s your favorite color?
114. If a strand of spaghetti accidentally went out of your nose, would you sniff it back or pull it out with your fingers?
115. How big was your biggest poop?
116. Do you squeeze the toothpaste tube from the top or bottom?
117. Milk before cereals, or cereals before milk?
118. What is something your parents or friends would warn me about you?
119. What gives you the right?
120. Can I see your browser history?
47 deep questions to ask friends to know them better
1. Whom do you look up to the most — and what qualities in that person do you want to see in yourself?
2. What do you most want to accomplish in your life?
3. What do you see in yourself that you dislike when you see it in other people?
4. What do you see in yourself that you admire when you see it in other people?
5. What challenges do you most want to overcome?
6. Do you ever wish you’d handled a situation differently? How do you wish you’d handled it?
7. What is your biggest fear?
8. When you’re sad or upset about something, how do you like to be comforted? Or would you rather be left alone to process it?
9. Tell me about a favorite memory.
10. What do you believe will happen to you when you die?
11. If someone you cared about voting for a candidate you strongly dislike, would you forgive that person?
12. If you won half a billion dollars from the lottery (assume you bought a ticket), what would you do first?
13. Who was the last person to make you cry? What do you wish this person would have said to you?
14. If money were no object, what one thing would you buy for yourself to make life easier or more fun?
15. If you could be close friends with any celebrity, who would it be?
16. Where do you hope to be three to five years from now? How about ten years?
17. If your next home could have one thing of your choice that your current home does not have, what would that thing be?
18. What are you most proud of? Or when did you last feel overwhelmed with pride in yourself or in someone else?
19. What is your biggest challenge right now (and is there anything I can do to help)?
20. What family member do you feel closest to?
21. If you could travel anywhere in the world, and money was no object, tell me where you’d go and how you’d get there.
22. What book has had the biggest impact on you?
23. What relationship shaped you the most when you were growing up?
24. Do you want (more) kids? How many?
25. If you could earn any amount as your monthly income, what would that be and why?
26. What do you often like talking about?
27. If you could buy one material thing, and money was not an issue, what would it be?
28. What’s your favorite plant?
29. What food will you absolutely not, under any circumstances, eat?
30. What embarrasses you the most in front of other people?
31. If you had to choose one thing you were most passionate about, what would it be and why?
32. Where do you wish to live one day?
33. Which country’s citizenship do you want to have?
34. What is the one thing you regret having done or not done in your life?
35. Which parent do you identify with the most?
36. What do you think you cook or bake the best?
37. If you could change your first name what would it be?
38. Is there anything I can do that will make your heart rest easier?
39. Have you considered running for president?
40. Where is the most beautiful place on earth and why?
41. Do you think ghosts are real?
42. Do you think aliens are real?
43. What was the name of the first person you ever had a crush on? Why did you like them?
44. How old is the most expired item in your fridge?
45. Are your feet the same size?
46. What’s the saddest song you’ve ever heard?
47. Is there something you wish you had said sorry for but never did?
48. When was the last time you cried?
49. Who do you feel really envious of?
50. How do you see me?
If you want to have a deeper bond with your friends. take time to know them more. Sometimes, they just wait for you to ask.
With this list of 170 questions to ask friends, you’ll have a wide option to choose from. So, make it funny, serious, or just ask it out of the blue.
Just remember to truly listen – because that’s what true friends are for.
And if you’re looking for some fun questions to ask your friends, check out these this or that questions to ask!
Do you want to live a mindful life?
The simple fact is that learning about Buddhism and other eastern philosophies can empower genuine lasting change in our lives.
In my new eBook, I unwrap these iconic teachings and detail specific actions you can take to improve your daily life. Together we're going to work to strengthen your relationships, increase your emotional resilience, and systematically train your mind.
After reading this eBook, you’ll be equipped with all the tools you need to live a happier and more satisfying life.
Sign up to Hack Spirit's daily emails
Learn how to reduce stress, cultivate healthy relationships, handle people you don't like and find your place in the world.