Sometimes in our lives something happens that sets us back. It could be the loss of someone we loved, desertion or betrayal by a trusted one, or simply failure in something we had immersed ourselves wholly into. Well, such is life.
What sets a strong person aside from a weak one is the ability to bounce back, to fight whatever it is that happened in the past and use that as a spring for their next stage. Constructive criticism, take it like a pro! That person that tells you what you’d rather not hear is a keeper.
1) “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
2) “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln
3) “Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love…but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love.” – Mandy Hale
4) “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
5) “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
6) “The discontent and frustration that you feel is entirely your own creation.” – Stephen Richards
7) “To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.” – Tony Dorsett
8) Correction does much, but encouragement does more. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
9) In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.” – Dalai Lama
10) “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” – Joseph Campbell
11) “With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” – Dr. Wayne W Dyer
12) “Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” – Kurt Vonnegut
This article was originally published on hackspirit.org
The No-Nonsense Guide to Using Buddhism and Eastern Philosophy for a Better Life
If you haven't already, check out Hack Spirit's most popular eBook: The No-Nonsense Guide to Using Buddhism and Eastern Philosophy for a Better Life.
Within my book you’ll discover the core components of achieving happiness, anywhere at any time through:
- Creating a state of mindfulness throughout the day
- Learning how to meditate
- Fostering healthier relationships
- Healing from pain and trauma
- Unburdening yourself from intrusive negative thoughts
Sign up to Hack Spirit's daily emails
Learn how to reduce stress, cultivate healthy relationships, handle people you don't like and find your place in the world.