We can all agree that we need more relaxation and peace in our busy lives. But when life seems so chaotic, how the hell can we go about it?!
Well if you haven’t heard recently, meditation is the one of the best habits you can develop for yourself, hands down. Countless research studies have shown its benefits. From reducing stress and anxiety to boosting your immune system and health, there really isn’t much that can go wrong by giving it a try.
And despite what you may have been told, meditation is actually quite basic. All it involves is having an object of focus and calming turning your attention towards that. Yes, your mind will wander. Yes , you’ll get distracted. But if you continually return to your focus of attention, you’ll eventually train your mind to be more in the moment and less focused on the past or future.
So for a simple guide to begin your meditation practice, here is an excellent 10 step infographic from The Garrison Institute. Enjoy!
- Learn what 'mindfulness' really is and the scientific benefits to practicing it daily
- Practical exercises to be mindful throughout the day (even at work)
- How to practice daily meditations to enhance peace and clarity of mind
- Learn how to practice Yoga and Ujjayi Breath
- Understand and implement the 7 key steps to practicing mindfulness